Here, the southern hemisphere particularly in a little place I call my hometown, is where I was born, I grew up and live at the moment. There, is another hemisphere. A place that I once lived and still have its influence in my life. Especially for the fact that I am in touch with some friends. So, this is how it goes, from my friends here and my friends there. Spot the difference.
- Situation (S) : I phonecall my friend, "I am drunk,"
My friend there (T) : "Ha-ha. Have fun! Cool party huh? Have a great time! Enjoy!"
- S : I wrote an email saying that I'm having a holiday in Spain.
T : "Oh good. Have you tried paella? Don't try gazpacho. It's just a cold tomato soup with a Spanish name. Do you plan to visit Alhambra? Send me postcards from there!"
- S : My ex boyfriend visits me after we split up. We intend to go to a certain place in order to sort out our past and be good friends. Knowing this, my Dad asks my brother to accompany me. I agree but later on send my brother back home because I want to talk with my ex in private. My Dad gets very upset upon this and asks me to go home immediately.
T : "Gosh. That's insane. You're 28! Tell him you have a right to decide for yourself,"
- S : A friend arranged a date for me with someone she knew. He turned out to be completely boring and unattractive. I flied from the place at once, saying that I have an urgent 'woman issue'.
T : "That's my girl. Don't let him think he'll get a good night kiss or even a chance to drive you home. Get a taxi to a local bar and hang out with cool dudes only,"
- S : A friend of mine got pregnant with her ex boyfriend, who is with another girl now.
T : "Don't tell him anything. She doesn't want him to get his custody, does she?"
- I complained that my Dad doesn't support me to travel.
T : "Well, if you know what you want, go get it. With or without support. Your Dad will understand eventually,"
- About being a friend
T : "It's good to have friends but you need a space for yourself,"
- I'll add this list when I remember more. As a note, I don't go for either opinions. But as someone who stay in between and try to respect everyone, sometimes, this can be quite tricky. In the end I have to pick a side. Most of the time, I go to the third choice : never ask opinion. I can be a good friend without telling them my problems.